July 09, 2015

Lots of Lace and some Outdoor Pictures

While I prefer a rather less lacey style for myself now, I gladly dug through my lace stash to create some birthday gifts for my dear friend Marie over at Lost Bird Studio. Marie and I have exchanged gifts for several years and it was not so easy to come up with some new ideas.

Lace Covered Fabric Basket by Vintage with Laces

I sewed her a lace covered fabric basket she can use for example in her studio to store fabric scraps or doilies. The French label is one of many beautiful free vintage images you can find at The Graphics Fairy.

Lace Bunting by Vintage with Laces

Marie has a lovely shabby chic garden shed and I thought she might like to hang up a romantic bunting there.

Lace Key Chain with Monogram by Vintage with Laces

Finally I sewed a little keyring pendant with her initial M stamped on the front. It is a small padded cushion, so that it can be found in the maze of a woman’s purse. A little bit of luck assumed, of course :).

I thought I throw in some pictures today I took around the house.

Landscape

These are our views to one side and back up the hill. The pictures are some weeks old and the gorse has withered in the meanwhile.

Landscape   Barney and Turtle

Here is Barney with one of many, many turtles.

Toad

One of two toads we see frequently. This one likes to take a bath in the bird bath you can see in the background of the picture of Barney and the turtle. Afterwards she disappears somewhere underneath the rocks.

Cecily

Cecily all grown up. I had found her last year in a tree, injured and starving. It had taken over 5 weeks until Barney accepted her. Now they play together and sleep snuggled up to each other.

I will be joining these parties:

Saturday Sparks at Pieced Pastimes
Vintage Inspiration Party at Knick of Time
What's It Wednesday at Ivy and Elephants
Show and Share at Coastal Charm
Share your Style at Common Ground

I will be back soon with a batch of ICADs and my Summer of Color entry for this week.

20 comments:

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Your gifts for Marie are absolutely beautiful. Anything that you create by hand would be joyfully received. Such beautiful countryside around you. I do miss having such lovely views. Heading to the States tonight so will get my fill of green and fresh air. :) Best wishes, Tammy

Junkchiccottage said...

Oh Julia I am swooning over the gifts for Marie. That bunting is so beautiful. Marie is the sweetest and you are gifting her the prettiest treasures.
Kris

artangel said...

Oh these are sooo pretty ... I have lace envy!

Kelly Deal said...

I love the lacy gifts and the animal photos are adorable!

Laurel@ChippingwithCharm said...

Beautiful gifts and views!! I loved to see all of your sweet animal friends too. So blessed :)

20 North Ora said...

Julia - love all of the items you made for your friend. How lucky she is! I love anything done with old laces and linens.

Pretty countryside.

Judy

Createology said...

I am swooning over your lacilious gifts for Marie. The banner is stunning as is the basket and key fob. How sweet your kitties and turtle and frog are in your surroundings. High on Life July...

Dorthe said...

Dear Julia, what most lovely and beautiful gifts for dear Marie, I am sure she hat sich so sehr gefreut , die sind wundervolle alle.
And your surroundings looks wonderful too, and what a friendly cat Barney is -and looking so beautiful still !!
Mathilde is here with me, Julia, but you will hear from me after the 22/7 ..then we are allone again, dear friend.
Enjoy your summer , warm hugs and kisses from Dorthe

The Polka Dot Closet said...

What a fun post with GREAT pictures! I'm kind of going away from lacey too, but love your bag and the bunting is fabulous too. What cute kitties

Carol

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Your lace creations are stunning! Marie is a very lucky lady. Thanks for sharing pictures of your beautiful views and your sweet kitties.

Marci said...

Love the lace projects, they are so beautiful. Your kitties look the picture of health. What beautiful country around your home.

suziqu's thread works said...

Hello Dear Julia
Those gifts you created for Marie's birthday are gorgeous. I am sure she will be thrilled to see the bunting hanging in her garden room!

I loved to see the surrounds where you live. It seems you have quite a bit of space around you with views over the countryside which must be so soothing to your eyes. It is much drier than I had envisaged but it is Summer so that is to be expected.

I'm so pleased that dear Barney and Cecily are now such good budies giving you lots of love and enjoyment.

Sending love and warm hugs dear friend,
Suzy

ULKAU said...

Oh, I love your pretty cat - and the frog too! Ulrike

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Hello my dear Julia,
first of all thank you so much for sharing your beautiful countryside with us and of course for the gorgeous gifts:)Yes, I'm a lucky girl.
Have a wonderful start of the week, my friend.
Hugs and love,
Marie

Rostrose said...

Liebe Julia,
ich bin ja ganz hin und weg, wie oft du jetzt postest! Darüber freu ich mich riesig, auch wenn ich jetzt kaum noch nachkomme ;o)) [vor alem, weil ich mit meinen Nach-Urlaubs-Blogrunden immer ncoh nachhinke...] Zuerst habe ich also dein abstraktes Bild angesehen, und ich muss sagen, du kannst auch DAS - es sieht toll aus! Aber jetzt bin ich natürlich HIER hängengeblieben - vor allem bei der wunderwunderschönen Umgebung und bei deinen süßen Miezen. Ich muss sagen, so idyllisch hab ich mir das garnicht vorgestellt. Und dass bei euch viele Schildkröten herumspazieren und Kröten in der Vogeltränke baden, stelle ich mir auch entzückend vor! Außerdem freu ich mich sehr, dass sich Cecily und Barney inzwischen so gut vertragen. (Bei Nina und Mäx ist daraus noch immer nichts geworden, schade. Aber sie schicken trotzdem Pfötchenwinker ;o))
Deine Spitzenkreationen sehen wieder einmal wudnerschön und zauberhaft aus (auch das kannst du "immer noch" meisterlich! :o))
Gib den beiden Fellnasen ganz liebe Krauler von mir - und die (Schild- und anderen)-Kröten lass bitte auch lieb grüßen!
Ganz herzliche Rostrosengrüße von der Traude - und eine schöne Woche wünsch ich dir!
PS: Nein, leider hab ich kein Schaf mitgebracht, Herr Rostrose ist dagegen. Dabei hätte er gern einen Rasenmähroboter, aber er meinte, er will einen, der nur mäht und nicht määääht. Das soll mal einer verstehen ;o))

Angie Chavez said...

Julia, I always love all of your creations, and I especially love the bunting! I'm sure Marie will love her gifts!

Kim said...

Oh my goodness, that lace bunting is amazing!

Nellie's Cozy place said...

What lovely gifts these are, I am sure your friend will be thrilled to receive them to say the least. That bunting is absolutely stunning.
Loved the french lace basket with the french label, so darling.
You do good some good work..............

Neat pic of your kitty with the turtle, and I have never seen a black frog,
and was trying to figure out where you live......lol

Blessings, Nellie

Beatrice Euphemie said...

Such beautiful gifts! Sweet kitty-cat, too - I love her happy ending! - Karen

Nicki said...

Lace adds such charm and beauty to everything. Thanks for sharing these lovely photos!