July 14, 2015

ICAD: Collages and more

For the first two weeks of the ICAD challenge over at Daisy Yellow, it had worked out and I created something on an index card every day. In the meanwhile I am pretty far behind but I still have a second batch of cards to show you.

ICAD - Everybody Likes ... by Vintage with Laces

I made a few collages without following the given prompts and it started pretty harmless with a vintage soap image.

ICAD - Always at Your Service by Vintage with Laces

When I found a vintage ad for an undertaker business in my folder and then images of some toxic mushrooms, I could not hold off and had to let out my black humor :).

ICAD - Original Combination by Vintage with Laces

The food theme continues with this amazing discovery. Some headlines of a 90 year old newspaper had stirred my imagination.

ICAD - Festive Food Gifts by Vintage with Laces

Christmas is only 5 months away. It is good to have some early gift ideas, don’t you think?

ICAD - A Tempting Dessert by Vintage with Laces

Dessert anyone? You can’t resist, or can you :) ?

I have to admit, that I had lots of fun with these collages and I liked the combination of vintage papers and some pops of red.

Last week prompts were all about games and I managed to make 4 cards.

ICAD - Backgammon Doodles by Vintage with Laces
“Backgammon”

ICAD - Bingo by Vintage with Laces“Bingo”

ICAD - Bridge by Vintage with Laces  “Bridge”

ICAD - Scrabble by Vintage with Laces“Scrabble”

Thank you for stopping by! Have a great week!

10 comments:

Anni - My Creative Life and Mixed Media Books said...

Julia I love each of your index cards, they are all so wonderfully done with the different themes.
Hugs Anni

Lisa Weezi Gaverluk said...

I luv these!! Your dark humour is fabulous!!! :)

Junkchiccottage said...

Love these Julia. Love the bingo card.
Kris

Dorthe said...

Oh Julia, your index cards are so wonderful, all- love the nature tones, popped up with a few stronger colours and the themes are all great and fun, my dear friend.
Also the game cards are so wonderful.
I`m sorry to be so much away from blogging this month, but we are spending wonderful vacation days with the grandkits and family. Next week is normal again!!
So see you soon, Julia ! Hugs and kisses from Dorthe

Mellowood Gallery said...

Black humour is right! What very strange cards but they do rather tickle the funny bone. I like the games cards too - well done!

rush said...

I especially enjoyed "Mouse au Chocolat"! Yum, yum!!! I like having fun with my art like this, too.

Rostrose said...

Hallo liebstige Julia,
huihui, dein Humor kann wirklich ganz schön schwärzlich sein ;o))) Deine Weihnachtsgeschenke passen jedenfalls besser zu Halloween, denke ich - und ich glaube, Pilzsuppe würde ich bei dir nicht essen wollen (auch beim Dessert würde ich erst mal dezent nachfragen, was drin ist *ggg*)... Deine Karten gefallen mir jedenfalls richtig gut (denn auch mein Humor ist nicht immer rosarot ;o))
Dank dir sehr für deine lieben Zeilen zu Dublin - da hast du ja auch gleich Hallowween-Assoziationen entwickelt ;o) - freut mich jedenfalls, dass du gern mit mir durch Dublin spaziert bist!
Auch für deine liebe Mail noch ein herzlches Dankeschön - ja dein blau-rostoranges Werk finde ich auch sehr gelungen - mein persönlicher Liebling ist übrigens die lila-gelbe Schöpfung, die finde ich einfach ganz besonders genial! (vor allem, weil ich den Mix vorher auch eher nicht so gut vorstellbar fand - und schon gar nicht im Zusammenhang mit deinem doch eher dezenten oder jedenfalls "unknalligen" Stil...)
Ganz liebe Grüße und Kätzchenkrauler aus Rostrosenhausen
von der Traude
http://rostrose.blogspot.co.at/2015/07/bloggerspaziergang-mit-hund-und-andere.html

Denyse Whelan. said...

What fun it is to see your ICAD cards..whether on prompt or not. It's such a good way to connect with others this challenge! Thanks for sharing too. Denyse

Capt Elaine Magliacane said...

Nice cards… love your 'dark' humor… great finds on the old ads. It was a fun challenge wasn't it? I rarely followed the prompts, unless I couldn't think of anything to do :-)

shoesalaart said...

Great job! These were fun to look at!