June 14, 2015

Summer of Color: Upcycled Denim Bracelet

I’m participating for the first time in the “Summer of Color” challenge at Twinkle, Twinkle, featuring six weeks of color prompts. You can read all about Kristin’s challenge HERE. The prompt, given for week one, was 1 blue + 1 blue + green. You might wonder what happened, that I started playing with color. Well, I still like my neutrals but lately I’m more and more drawn to some other colors as well.

You know how much I love to upcycle things and I decided to turn a scrap of an old jeans into a bracelet for this challenge. I combined the two denim blues with an aqua green, so that the bracelet would match my favorite clothes.

Upcycled Denim Bracelet by Vintage with Laces
Upcycled Denim Bracelet by Vintage with Laces
When you think that this was a lot of color, then wait until next week, when I show you the index cards, I made for the ICAD challenge :). Don’t worry though, I have some neutral colored projects upcoming as well.

Summer of Color

Have a lovely Sunday!

Apart from the challenge, my bracelet will attend these parties:

Amaze Me Monday at Dwellings
What's It Wednesday at Ivy and Elephants
Anything Blue Friday at The Dedicated House
Party Junk at Funky Junk Interiors
Saturday Sparks at Pieced Pastimes

21 comments:

Junkchiccottage said...

Julia,
This is so sweet and cute. I cannot wait to see your neutral projects to come. Have a great week.
Kris

Dorthe said...

My dear Julia , so good to see "you" and your colourful bracelet. I wonder what is going on ,since many of us (me incluted) starts showing more colours in our creations...a little hare and a little there , but I love it ,too.
Your bracelet is wonderful with the many blue /aqua tones and all the beautiful pearl embroidery- love how you added them at the edge.
How are you doing ,sweetie ? I`m missing our little letters, is it still impossible for your mail system to write me ?
Wishing you a beautiful sunday, and new week to come !!
With love from Dorthe

Sharon Fritchman said...

Welcome to the SOC! I am so happy that you are joining all of us! What an amazing work you made. I just love your upcycled bracelet - you used this week's colors in such a creative and beautiful way!

mariasangel said...

Love upcycled creativity! Beautiful bracelet! love the stitching and the beads on the edge! Can't wait to see your upcoming SOC creations!

Elżbieta A. said...

Przepiękny, dobre połączenie z jeansem

Linda Kunsman said...

welcome to SOC! What a really lovely bracelet!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

This is so pretty and summery, Julia! I love it! I've got an old pair of my husband's jeans to recycle and while I have a couple of ideas for the easy parts {leg sections and back pockets}, you've really made me think about other things I could make with them.

sue :) said...

Your bracelet is wonderful, it's. amazing what you can do with an old pair of jeans. I collected several pairs and covered a stool, not as glam as your project. Well done. x

Kristin said...

I'm so happy to have you join in this year and look forward to seeing more of your beautiful work. Thank you, Kristin xo

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Lovely! Great color combination. I wish I knew how to sew. I just cut some jean capris off because there was a hole in the knee (and yes, this is the style now, but not my style) ... now I will wear them as shorts. But kept the parts I cut off because I have this thing about not throwing something away that can be reused or repurposed which is why I have way too much stuff around here. :) Best wishes, Tammy

Anni - My Creative Life and Mixed Media Books said...

Dear Julia, Your bracelet is so beautifully made, love the color tones you have worked with, they fit so well together, glad to see you on your blog again, hope you are doing well.
Hugs Anni

Rolina said...

Oh, this is beautiful - I would wear the heck out of the bracelet!

Jennifer Rose Phillip said...

that is so neat looking! :)

Ivy and Elephants said...

You certainly rose to the challenge! Such a cute and creative idea. I love the sewing and how you attached them.
Hugs,
Patti

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

This is so clever! Love the pretty beads you added.

CelestinaMarie@SouthernDayDreams said...

Hi Julia, this is so pretty and colorful. Love the details with the beads.
CM

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Your bracelet came out beautifully, my dear Julia. Love the colors - so summery.
Have a lovely day.
Hugs,
Marie

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

Very creative, Julia, just like you!!!! xoxo

June said...

This piece is beautiful!!!! You will look so lovely with this on your wrist this summer Julia! I love it! It's so funny how more color keeps creeping into more and more of my life lately too. Especially in my wardrobe. My daughters are shocked at the turn I've taken in my clothes :)))
I hope you are having a great week over there in your beautiful country my dear.
sending hugs...

Claire said...

I really like this I'm always looking for craft to that uses old denim. Thanks

Artsy VaVa said...

You're bracelet is so pretty! Thanks for sharing.