Once again I had turned to my stash of rusty, round shaped motor parts to create a flower. I had made a wall hanging with some of these pieces before. This time I wanted to achieve a more modern look though.
I sewed strips of different gray fabrics together for the background. The stem is made of a piece of thick paper covered wire that I wrapped in two different thin wires for a bit of texture.
For the flower head I used two different rusty parts and added a vintage rhinestone button.
The leaves are made from rusty mesh and organza that I melted with my heat gun.
I will be back soon with my “Summer of Color” entry for this week. You might need your sunglasses again :).
My rusty flower wall hanging will hop over to these great parties:
Vintage Inspiration Party at My Salvaged Treasures
Saturday Sparks at Pieced Pastimes
Sundays at Home at Thoughts from Alice