June 18, 2015

ICAD: Doodles, a Fish, an Owl and a lot more

I’m participating this year in the ICAD (Index-Card-a-Day) Challenge. You can find all details HERE at Daisy Yellow. The bottom line is to create something every day on and index card for 61 days in a row. The theme for the first week was drawing and doodling. This was indeed a challenge for me but it became fun soon. I didn’t always use the optional prompts. Some of my cards are just black and white but a few are really colorful. Keep your sunglasses within reach :).

ICAD - Doodle Fish by Vintage with Laces Prompt “Chevron”

ICAD - Doodles by Vintage with Laces

ICAD - Doodle Map by Vintage with Laces
Prompt “Draw a Map”

ICAD - Doodle Mail by Vintage with Laces Prompt “Mailbox”

ICAD - Doodle Owl by Vintage with Laces
Prompt “Owl”

ICAD - Doodle Flowers by Vintage with Laces

I would have one more to show you but I couldn’t get a decent picture of it. Maybe my camera thought it was too colorful :). I’ll show you the card when I’m able to take a picture with another camera.

The theme for the second week was painting which was even more out of my comfort zone than drawing and doodling. I had bought a package of watercolors some years ago and the tubes had never seen sunlight since I had put them in a drawer back then. Now it was time to finally play with them. I predominantly painted the backgrounds and then added other techniques.

ICAD - Word Search Puzzle by Vintage with Laces Prompt “Grapefruit & Cherry”

ICAD - Doodles by Vintage with Laces
Prompt “Carrot & Lemon”. I used them as colors here but what you can’t see is, that I stamped the circles with pieces of carrots.

ICAD - Picture Puzzle by Vintage with Laces
Prompt “Ginger & ?” Ginger is my background and parts of the frame. I hope you can solve that little picture puzzle for the second part of the prompt. If not, I’ve drawn really bad.

ICAD -  Parsnip by Vintage with Laces Prompt “Parsnip & Kiwi”. Kiwi is the frame color here.

ICAD - No Plum by Vintage with Laces
Prompt “Blueberry & Plum”. While blueberry makes my background, I might have kind of cheated with the plum somehow :).

ICAD - Salt & Pepper by Vintage with LacesPrompt “Salt & Pepper”

It’s a fun challenge and you could still join in. I’m glad I especially gave doodling a try. I really like that.
I’ll be back soon with my entry for the “Summer of Color” challenge. At least I hope so because I haven’t even started yet.

Have a great Friday!

11 comments:

Junkchiccottage said...

Julia,
These are all so cute. Glad you enjoyed making them. Have a great rest of the week.
Kris

suziqu's thread works said...

Wow Julia what a lot of diversion for you here!
It is so great to see how each person interprets the prompts.
You have all sorts of talents hidden in there somewhere for sure.
Your doodling is fabulous and your owl is just amazing and so full of life not to mention your drawings like the parsnip.

It is so good to see you putting your energies into all of these new ideas. It must be very challenging for you and I really admire your results.

Love and hugs sweet friend,
Suzy

teri F said...

Such clever takes inn the prompts. Makes me want to join in!

Marci said...

So much creativity. Marvelous!

Mirevan said...

Very nice, I love zentangle, I made myself rope-soled sandal with zentangle design
http://blogdufaitmainenfrance.com/produit/espadrille-mule-zentangle-piece-unique/

translation : produit : item
rope-soled sandal : espadrille
shop : boutique
Have a nice WE Mirevan

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

These are so creative! You are a very talented artist indeed. Love how you've presented each one of your creations.

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Hello my dear Julia,
what a talent you are! Love your doodling and your drawings are amazing. Have a lovely weekend.
Hugs and love,
Marie

Jeannie Marie said...

I may have to try my hand, each one you did is adorable. Have a great weekend!

Dorthe said...

Hello dear Julia,
One after the other so different, and special and so new to see from you.
The doodling is wonderful, your owl so amazing, and love the ones you have drawn like the parsnip, so lovely, and the little ant looks like enjoying being there...
I hope it is an ant ,lol- Oh almost forgot, the doodled and painted fish is wonderful ,sweetie.
Hugs and love from Dorthe

Tarnished Royalty said...

I am seriously impressed with your imagination and creativity here. I would be hard pressed to pick a favorite. Very inspiring! ~Ann
Tarnished Royalty

Anni - My Creative Life and Mixed Media Books said...

Oh Julia your index cards are all so lovely and very beautifully made, love your doodles cards, until now I have followed the prompts and I enjoy to do a card everyday, hope you continue I would love to see more cards from you.
Hugs Anni