October 24, 2013

My Black and White Halloween

I’ve shown you several Halloween projects in my last several posts and today I like to show you how I decorated my studio.

Black and White Halloween Vignette
I embellished an old milk can and filled it with rose hips which I had painted white. I added some black ostrich feathers, some tulle bows, a bat pick and a mouse.

Black and White Halloween Vignette
Black and White Halloween
I made this witch some years ago and still like her.

Black and White Halloween Witch

Bear Dusty was born and raised in Chester, Vermont until I bought him and took him to Germany 16 years ago. He’s one of the few bears I kept after I stopped collecting teddy bears. Dusty wanted to get dressed for Halloween and chose the cute witch hat I got from dear Carola. The mask is a bit too large for him but he wanted to wear it anyway. I guess you can tell that his favorite Halloween treat is spider on a stick.

Halloween Bear

Dusty moved after I had taken those pictures and now has a place near the vintage exterminator ad that I adhered onto an old book cover. The wonderful image was provided by Angie at Knick of Time. Thank you, Angie!

Halloween Bear Vignette
Halloween Vignette
Halloween Jars
 Black and White Halloween Decoration Shelf

Black and White Halloween Decoration
Black and White Halloween Decoration Studio

If you have read my post about the fabulous Halloween package that Carola had sent me, you might recognize the altered bottle and egg carton as well as the Edgar Allan Poe notebook, the glittered bat and pumpkin, the felted pumpkin and the creepy egg.

Black and White Halloween Decoration on Shelf
Halloween Typewriter Vignette

Actually I’m not so much into cute children and women images anymore. When I found the cabinet card I had altered some years ago, I was not sure, I would use it in my decoration this year. Eventually the little witch got a place on the typewriter.

Altered Cabinet Card Little Witch

How do you like my black and white Halloween decoration?  There will be one more Halloween post with the apothecary cabinet I’m still working on. When that is finished, I will start thinking about Christmas.
Have a happy weekend! I’ll see you soon.

Hugs,
Julia

I’ll be joining these great parties:
Be Inspired at Common Ground
Knick of Time Tuesday at Knick of Time
What’s It Wednesday at Ivy and Elephants



31 comments:

Melinda Hartzog said...

I love your black and white Halloween! So much eye candy to behold. Can't wait to see what you do with the apothecary cabinet.

marie said...

Love your black and white decorations Julia...especially the typewriter display and the sweet little 'boo to you' girl!!

Sue @ Miss Phoebes Perch said...

I love your studio decorations, Julia! I'm so glad you kept that adorable bear. Have a great weekend! XO Sue

Louise Oakes said...

Your black and white Halloween additions to your studio are very chic. I love your painted rosehips, they almost look like eyeballs on sticks ★

lynnesbowsandbelles said...

I throw my head back and howl to the moon with pleasure at this Halloween tour of your delightfully, menacing home dear Julia.
What a thrill it has been to step into your home and savour those Halloween delights - I have far too many favourites to single out.
Thank You!
Wishes
Lynne

marda said...

Your work space looks wonderfully spooky! Love the black and white theme. That sweet little bear doesn't look creepy at all!!!

Cathy said...

So Cute... I love the black and white - definitely spooky.... Cathy

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Everything put a big smile on my face. You sure know how to do Halloween in style!

Blondie's Journal said...

Everything looks fabulous, Julia! I love what you've done with simply black and white. And your little Dusty is just the cutest bear!

Love your blog! Visiting from Jen's party.

XO,
Jane

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

BOO!!! Your studio looks spooktacular, Julia!!!

xoxo

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

What can I say my, dear Julia?
It all looks spooktacular:)Love it.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Hugs and love,
Marie

Boxwood Cottage said...

Of course I love it all dear Julchen! So pretty, I just can't get enough of b & w Halloween these days. Oh and I'm just thinking beside the Apothecary cabinet you are still working on and which I can't wait to see, don't forget to share with us your Halloween witch dressform! Still can't believe Halloween will be over and done with all so soon :( I'll better go and finish some last Halloween crafts too now, because from tommorrow on I'll be super busy with a visit to my sister in the countryside first, then on Sunday the Antique market, Tuesday the Bruno Mars concert in Hamburg, the Halloween party of course and a Vegan fair next week and working in the office inbetween all this. But wohoo so much fun ahead!
I wish you a satisfying hopefully crafty and creative weekend my dear! Big hug to you!
xoxo~ Carola

Dorthe said...

Oh Julia,
you have really created a most amazing Halloween decorated room this year. I love all you have accomplished, and your room looking so beautiful, dear friend. There are so much to admire, and look at, -your typewriter , the shelf with all your wonderful creations, and Carola`s too- and then your sweet Dusty - he is a saver for sure...
I hope you are doing fine ,Julia-and sends you love, and warm hugs and kisses.
Your Dorthe

Anni - My Creative Life said...

Wow Dear Julia you have decorated your home so wonderful for Halloween, I love that it's all in black and white and I also love Teddy with mask on, so sweet. Wish you a lovely weekend.
Hugs Anni

Jayne said...

I love your black and white colour palette and all of your Halloween treasures so beautifully displayed in your studio, it is like a work of art in itself. I really look forward to your Christmas decorations Julia! x

Tazas y Cuentos said...

Oh! Fantastic! I enjoyed your post a lot, I found everything so creative and inspiring. Congratulations!
Besos from Argentina,
Silvina

Sarina said...

Hi Julia,
Lovely Halloween decoration.
Hugs,
Sarina

Draffin Bears said...

Dear Julia,

Loved seeing all your wonderful decorations in your studio.
So much inspiration with your Halloween decorating.
Wishing you a happy Sunday
hugs
Carolyn

Viola E. said...

Deine Deko sieht wunderschön aus, liebe Julia! So lovely! :)
Schönen Sonntag und viele liebe Grüße, Viola

must love junk said...

Wow-this looks amazing!! Love it all! (Especially the little witch that you made)
Susan

Martina2801 said...

Deine Halloween-Deko ist traumhaft schön, liebe Julia! Du warst sehr fleißig während meiner Abwesenheit und ein Werk ist schöner als das Andere.
Ich hoffe, es geht Dir gut?
Mein Disaster mit der Heizung ist immer noch nicht vorrüber. Nächste Woche habe ich nochmal einen Termin mit meinem Anwalt. Meine Kräfte sind am Ende.....
Hab einen schönen Sonntag, meine Liebe!
Hugs MARTINA

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Julia, you make Halloween look great in black and white.

I used to collect teddy bears but stopped myself some years back. Only kept a few, like the jointed bears.

Have a great week. Tammy

Debra Oliver said...

your studio is always wonderful!! love the black and white theme with so many adorable creations!

Susan EvelynAndRose said...

Love it all! What a great way to 'spook' up your fabulous studio. Terrific black-and-white combo, and I love all the vintage elements.

Phyllis @Around the House said...

Oh I love it all, so fun and scary and spooky, I adore it all, Halloween, you are all set for this fun time of year, so creative, love it..

Jann Olson said...

Oh my, this is all just so fantastic! I love each and every little thing!! I did a b&w themed Halloween in my basement and used my vintage typewriter like yours also. Pinning some of your wonderful ideas. Thanks for sharing them. Happy Halloween! Now a new follower.
hugs,
Jann

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Hi Julia, What great Halloween decorations! I appreciate you sharing this at the Open House party.
xx,
Sherry

Ivy and Elephants said...

I absolutely Love the cabinet!
Such creativity, the detail is amazing!
Hugs,
Patti

Rostrose said...

Liebstige Julia, mir ist aufgefallen, dass ich dir HIER ja noch gar keine Zeien hinterlassen habe. Wie praktisch, dann mache ich das jetzt gleich, denn ich finde es einfach umwerfend, wie du bei deinen Dekorationen ins klitzekleinste Detail gehst - bis hin zu BOO auf den Deckeln und der stilechten Verkleidung von Dusty! Ich hoffe, du hast ihr habt Halloween gut verbracht und du befindest dich inzwischen (ganz im Gegensatz zu mir ;o)) in der angekündigten Vorbereitungsstimmung für Weihnachten!
Hab eine schöne neue Woche!
✿ܓܓ✿ܓ✿ܓ✿ܓܓ✿ܓ✿ܓ
Allerliebste rostrosige Grüße und viele liebe Tierchenstreichler
Traude ♥♥♥♥

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

You truly have a gift!

Have a happy fall day and please stop by to enter my 1000th post celebration giveaways all week long.

Wendy AppleApricot said...

Oh dear Julia, I can tell you love halloween, such wonderful creations here and also in your previous post. The bear of course is my fav, brought me a big smile. Hugs