October 06, 2013

A Halloween Package

A few days ago I received the most amazing Halloween package from my dear friend Carola over at Boxwood Cottage. I don’t know when exactly Carola got the idea to send me gifts for my Halloween decoration, but we’ve re-pinned each others mostly black and white Halloween pins for the last couple of months. I’ve never decorated very much for that holiday but this year, the bug has bitten me and I was super excited when I got Carola’s fabulous package.

One of the first things I unwrapped, was this beautiful Edgar Allan Poe notebook which I will use to write down Halloween ideas that come to my mind. Guess what!!! Yep, the top hat was another gift from Carola. I couldn’t believe my eyes when I opened the package. I am so thrilled about it and so touched that Carola parted with this piece from her top hat collection.  She’s such a sweetie!

Black and White Halloween

Here is the notebook again with some other wonderful gifts. The skeleton hand in the peat pot and the painted cardboard egg are cute and creepy at the same time, aren’t they? The glass glittered gourd and the leave are beautiful. I’m also in love with that great vintage enameled “Don’t Disturb” sign that Carola had found at a flea market.

Black and White Halloween

There were even more wonderful gifts. An altered Halloween bottle, an egg carton filled with lots of little treasures, a black metal picture frame with a cabinet card and two small altered glass jars. One is filled with black glass glitter, the other one contains a doll leg, “preserved” in water. That’s a great idea and screams for a Halloween apothecary cabinet. I plan to make one and hope I will be able to finish it in time. I tried to take a close-up view of the leg in the jar but with my point-and-shoot camera the picture didn’t turn out well.

Black and White Halloween  Bottle

Black and White Halloween

Black and White Halloween

The cute little broom and a lot of  great of number tags were also included.

Black and White Halloween

I found the tiny vintage coin purse inside the creepy cardboard egg and it was filled with the key and the keyhole cover. The vintage wooden spool is a wonderful addition to my little collection.

Number Tags

Last but not least I unwrapped a great Halloween collage, Carola had created for me. There are a lot of Halloween symbols to discover. Look at all the wonderful details.

Halloween Collage

All the gifts are fabulous and they were wrapped so beautifully and embellished with lots of great tags. Have a look!

Wrapped Gifts

More Wrapped Gifts

Black and White Tags

Thank you so much, dear Carola! You spoiled me big time. It was a lot of fun to unwrap the packages and to discover all those wonderful gifts. Most of them are already decorated on my studio shelves :-).

If you don’t know Carola yet, please visit her beautiful home, studio and garden HERE.

Have a lovely fall week! I’ll be back soon with some Halloween creations. Mostly black and white, that goes without saying, lol.

Hugs,

Julia

 

18 comments:

Lululiz said...

OMG, Julia, what an amazing package! Carola has put together the most fabulous gifts for you, what a very dear friend. You must have been so excited when you opened one little package after another. I couldn't pick a favourite, you know, everything is so cool! xxx

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

What a great surprise package, Julia! Wow, I love everything. You are going to have so much fun decorating with these pieces. Carola was so nice to send all this onto you.

Sue @ Miss Phoebes Perch said...

What lovely treasures! Carola is a wonderful and sharing friend! Thanks so much for sharing these gifts with us. Have a great week! XO Sue

Sue @ Miss Phoebes Perch said...

What lovely treasures! Carola is a wonderful and sharing friend! Thanks so much for sharing these gifts with us. Have a great week! XO Sue

Draffin Bears said...

Dear Julia,

How fabulous! I am amazed at all the gorgeous treasures Carola has sent you.
What a lot of fun you are going to have decorating this year.
Happy new week
hugs
Carolyn

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

Wow what fabulous treats you received! Love the top hat! I saw one at the flea awhile back but it was out of my budget :)

Xox

Boxwood Cottage said...

Hello my dear Julchen,
thank you so much for sharing these beautiful photos of the friendship or very late birthday parcel that I sent you. It makes me very happy to see all my creations and finds for you having arrived safely and most of all that you love it all! :)
Today I finally got around to do a new blog post too and it's all about Black and White Halloween which we both love so much.
I'm going to answer you latest email soon, until then enjoy your new treasures my dear! I can't wait to see all your new creations and decorations! Oh and btw I got a note from the post office in my mail box while I wasn't at home on Saturday saying that I have a parcel waiting there for me to pick up so maybe it's yours! I hope Roxy will pick it up for me later today when she's finished work.
Sending you a big hugh my friend
xoxo~ Carola

Melinda Hartzog said...

Oh my heavens, that must have felt like being a kid on Christmas morning. Every item you showed is a GEM! She really is fun to follow and I pin (or repin) her pictures often.

Louise Oakes said...

What a lovely collection of Halloween gifts. Carola is so talented. I love her use of the egg box too. I must have a go at decorating one myself. Your house will be looking very halloweeny.
Have a great week.

Petite Michelle Louise said...

oh my..you are one lucky little witch! tee hee! ;)

Dorthe said...

Oh my dear friend,- you are truly spoiled by Carola and her amazing gifts!!So many wonderful handmade pieces, and the top-hat wow that is a fantastic thing to recieve liebe Julia...
I love her egg carton filled with, sweetness-- and all the other cute ,funny and sweet creations..the collage so wonderful to save for years to come, for your Halloween decorations !!
Best wishes for a new wonderful week, my friend... Have you seen my latest note to you... send via a blog comment ,Julia?? I hope you enjoy the fall sweetie.
Love and hugs, Dorthe

Anneke said...

dear Julia.
you are realy spoiled with all these gorgeous and beautiful treasures. i hope you are alright and how is your kitty?
hugs to you.
Ann

June said...

Oh my goodness--what a wonderful package of goodies Julia. I love Carola's amazing Halloween decor and I love everything in her gift to you.
hugs from me...

Jayne said...

How wonderful to receive a wonderful parcel of beautifully wrapped gifts especially made for you. One thing is nicer than the other, they are all so exquisitely made. The wrapping is art in itself, it must have been hard to open such thoughtfully wrapped gifts. Look forward to seeing your creations Julia.

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Hi dear Julia,
omg, Carola really spoiled you big time and you so deserve it:)Love everything she send you.Enjoy your treasures and have a wonderful week.
Hugs,
Marie

20 North Ora said...

What a treasure of Halloween goodies. I'm sure you'll enjoy them all as you decorate for the season.

Judy

lynnesbowsandbelles said...

Oh My Goodness how incredible is this for a gift idea!
The top hat is my absolute favourite, how I would adore to be the owner, they always look so elegant as a display feature.
The notebook is wonderful and the altered bottle, so many incredible items.
What fun to open such a gift.
Wishes to you
Lynne

Romeo said...

What wonderful treasures!!! How lucky are you?!?!?! Of course these will go purrfectly with your other Halloween decor!

Hugs and purrs,

"her" and Romeo