June 15, 2013

A Lovely Package

My dear friend Marie recently spoiled me with a package full of beautiful gifts. I love fabric hearts and Marie created not one but two gorgeous hearts for my collection. She also sent me a fabulous soldered Paris tag as well as white buttons, ribbons and a vintage linen dishtowel.

Heart

Heart 

Marie knows how much I love numbers and always watches out on flea markets or in stores for numbered items, she can make me happy with. This time she sent me some flash cards, a ceramic container and used number tags to embellish the packages. Marie has an adorable style to wrap packages. I was just too exited to wait for the perfect light to take pictures of the wrapped gifts. As you can see in the pictures, I used the wrappings as props though, after I had stuffed them with paper.

Flash Cards

Don’t ask me why I have a thing for darning mushrooms. When Marie spotted one at the flea, she immediately thought of me and bought it.

Darning Mushroom and Tag

The Eiffel Tower tag with the “C’est la vie” charm came in a special tag envelope. So pretty! The lovely large plastic Paris tote was a gift from Marie as well. If you don’t know Marie yet, please visit her beautiful blog Lost Bird Studio.

Eiffeltower Tag

Thank you so much for all the wonderful gifts, dear Marie! You know how much I love everything.

Karen Valentine will host the wonderful “Where Bloggers Create” blog party again this year. Have you signed up already to show us your creative space?

WhereBloggersCreate2013

Have a wonderful weekend!

Hugs,

Julia

16 comments:

Sue @ Miss Phoebes Perch said...

What beautiful gifts from a great friend. I look at her wonderful blog all the time! XO Sue

Martina2801 said...

Oh, was für ein großzügige und traumhaft schöne Überraschung von der lieben Marie! Ich freue mich mit Dir, liebe Julia! Ganz zauberhafte Sachen.

Hab ein schönes WE meine Liebe.
LG MARTINA

terriloo said...

All so very lovely! Will visit her blog next!

bolletjelucky.blogspot.com said...

Wow you are really spoiled by your friend,maybe you diserved it? Greetings Miranda

Createology said...

Very special treasures from Marie. How wonderful it is to receive such beautiful and divine pieces you love. Happy Hearts are Creative Hearts...

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

How beautiful it all is, Julia! I didn't know you had a thing for numbers!

Don't know that I'll participate this year in where bloggers create . . but I am joining in on the Mad Tea Party!!!!

I've been meaning to email you!

xo

Fabiana Strehlow said...

Seu trabalho é encantador, Julia!
Parabéns!

Abraços!

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

What a nice friend you have! Lucky you. Nancy

Mom E. said...

What wonderful "heartfelt" gifts from Marie! I love hearts as well! I am getting better at crocheting the heart pattern you sent me the link too! I am happy about that!
Hugs and hearts!
Betsy

suziqu's thread works said...

Hello Sweet Julia,
What a lovely parcel you have received from dear Marie - she knows you so well and what appeals to your heart.
Her two hearts are so beautifully made.
The Paris soldered pendant is gorgeous and so too the mushroom, flash cards, tote, tag and all the numbers.
Enjoy each piece sweetie and have a wonderful Sunday,
Big hugs and love to you from here,
Suzy xox

Sugar Lump Studios said...

What gorgeous gifts from Marie! Each one is just a treasure! Lucky you!

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Love how you photographed everything,my dear Julia:)Thanks for your kind words as well. Just blogged your gifts too.Have a wonderful Sunday.
Hugs and love,
Marie

Jayne said...

They are all such thoughtful gifts from Marie. Each one all the more special because they have been made with you in mind. I saw the gifts you made for her, the wrapping and individual pieces are all so gorgeous. She will be the most envied gardener. The needle case will be so treasured and used every day I am sure. I was given a needle case by my friend Gill and I wonder how I managed without it. Jayne x

Jill ~*Feathers and Flight*~ said...

Oh Julia! You and Marie Both do such Lovely Work! You both are very Lucky Ladies Indeed!
Happy Sunday!
Hugs
Jill

eva mansano said...

Wonderful work! I love all that you do
Eva baillargues (France)

Dorthe said...

Hallo liebe Julia!
Such very beautiful and lovely gifts from sweet Marie! I love her hearts,they are both so romantic and sweet with flower and charms,-and oh the soldered Paris charm is so gorgeous, and you was spoiled with so many beautiful extra little gifts of materials, and the lovely tag-and tote! A wonderful package of blog love- aren`t we lucky to have met each other !!!
Sending you liebste grüsse, und knuddeln, und hoffe du magst gut?
Kærligste hilsener, knus og kys, fra din Dorthe.