February 04, 2013

Things of Joy and Things of Annoyance

I know I’m very late with it, but I still would like to wish you a very happy, healthy and creative 2013. Sadly, due to continuous power and internet outages, it’s still difficult for me to visit blogs regularly. Last week we hit a new record, when the electricity went off 11 times during one day. Today it was gone for 4 hours and just came back. I can hardly finish anything, that I need electricity for, without getting interrupted. It drives me pretty crazy and has left me grumpy and impatient for the last several weeks. In January we had repeatedly no internet at all or only for an hour here and there, but hey, what do I need internet access when there is no electricity and I can’t turn on my computer anyway? I guess, you can tell that I’m really frustrated.

Fortunately some pleasant things did happen as well, at least last year, lol. I had a most wonderful swap with my dear friend Marsha over at Tattered Chic and it’s high time to post about it. We had agreed to swap a tattered heart but then we both kept adding other creations to the package. Sweet Marsha made this gorgeous book cover for me, using lots of pretty laces, millinery flowers, a lovely cabinet card and some vintage finds.

book cover

She also sent me a beautiful necklace with a numbered tag. I love it as well as as the buttons, lace pieces and some other wonderful goodies I can use for decoration or in my creations.

necklace

Marsha also surprised me with this fabulous altered bottle

bottle

and this pretty lace bag.

bag

Here is the fantastic lace heart which is a wonderful addition to my growing lace and fabric heart collection. The lace collar and the vintage recipe cards were great gifts too.

Thank you very much, dear Marsha! I love and enjoy everything.

heart

Using a vintage dress form image from Angie over at Knick of Time, I made a bookmark for Marsha.

bookmark and charm

We both love rust and lace. Therefore I combined a rusty piece of metal with a piece of lace for this soldered charm.

charm

I know that Marsha has a thing for crows/ravens. The ad with the raven, that I used for the tin, was also a free image from Knick of Time. For the back of the charm I stamped a crow onto a piece of a vintage book page.

tin and charm

I created this sewing themed wall hanging for Marsha and again used  an image that had been provided by Angie. The sewing machine ad is so lovely and you can find it along with the other graphics I had used and a lot more great free images HERE. Thank you very much for all the wonderful freebies, Angie!

collage

collage detail

This is the heart I sewed for Marsha. All kinds of laces, tattered fabrics and a little bit of rust.

heart1 

*********************

For Christmas I received a wonderful package from my dear friend Dorthe at Den Lille Lade. The angel I found inside is just gorgeous and such a cutie. Dorthe’s dolls always have very sweet faces and the outfits, she creates for them, are tasteful and very detailed.

Angel

I also love the beautiful fabric collage. Dorthe created it with lots of pretty laces and fabrics and a sweet image.

 Collage

Very adorable as well is this super cute embellished fabric fish who now watches over one of my lace baskets :-).

fish 

Dorthe’s Christmas card for me was very pretty too. Thank you so much for all the fantastic gifts, my dear Dorthe!

Christmas Card

*********************

Another lovely gift came from my dear friend Martina at Stempel-Gewerkel. Martina sent me a beautiful snowflake and a beautiful card. Thank you very much, dear Martina! That was such a wonderful surprise!

snowflake and card

I better upload this post quickly, before the power is gone again ...

Have a wonderful week and some fun creating and/or decorating for

♥ Valentine’s Day ♥.

I’ll be linking this post up with Knick of Time Tuesday.

Hugs,

Julia

 

24 comments:

Bente said...

You create such beautiful collages.

Hugs

morkaren said...

Hej Julia, jeg håber du har fået din strøm igen, jeg har nydt dit indlæg, mange skønne billeder med fine vintage blonder. knus morkaren.

Jytte said...

Oh, wauw!!! Beautiful creations!!

Hugs Jytte :)

Lululiz said...

YAY, finally a post from you, I am so happy to see you online. Oh my goodness, what gorgeous creations all round, both given and received. Absolutely gorgeous and a real feast for the eyes.

liniecat said...

Your work is truly beautiful...........its lovely looking at the world through your eyes!

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

Hello sweet friend! It is so good to see you!! I cannot imagine the frustration you feel! I'd be totally lost with outside communication and NOT be able to create or do the things I need to do!!!

You received such beautiful gifts from your friends! I LOVE all my treasures you made and sent me! Some have found their way into my printers tray!!! Did I sent you a photo of the crow charm on the necklace I made?

I was so HAPPY to see your post!!! Big ((HUG))

xoxo

Jayne said...

Hi Julia, how frustrating it is for you and yet you still manage to create such gorgeous pieces of work. your gifts both given and received are just beautiful. Jayne x

Sizinicin said...

Başarılar...

Nesti said...

Какая роскошь и великолепие! Какая работа проделана, восхищаюсь. Спасибо за вдохновение!

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Hi dear Julia,
it is wonderful to see you posting again.Love what you made and received - just beautiful.
Wishing you a wonderful week with no power outages.
Hugs,
Marie

Dorthe said...

Dearest Julia,
The gifts between you and Marsha, are all so very gorgeous. So much sweetnes and beautiful creations, with wonderful old finds added.
And the beautiful snowflake and card from sweet Martina, are both adorable.
Thankyou sweetie for showing my little gifts so beautiful off, too.
I`m truly feeling with you Julia, about this electricity problem, how very annoying it is for you- and I guess for everyone else there, to have to live with that, -here I am getting angry only for a few hours lack of power.
Will it be a repeated problem ,or are they doing something to try fixing it ?
How can shops and offices function with lack of power all day long?
OH dearest friend, I send you many loving thoughts and much love.
I wish I could sit and chat with you !
Hugs from Dorthe

Angie @ Knick of Time said...

Everything is absolutely beautiful! I'll be featuring you next week at Knick of Time Tuesday - thanks for sharing at the party!

My Creatively Vintage Life said...

So In love with these! Stunning and you did a wonderful job. Came to you via a knick of Time linky and am now a new follower!

Draffin Bears said...

Dear Julia,

So lovely to see a post from you and all the gorgeous gifts you received.
Looks like a fun exchange of gifts from Marsha, Dorthe and Martina.
Everything is beautiful.
I know how frustrating it must be with the power outage - hope it gets better.
Sending hugs
Carolyn

Rostrose said...

Liebste Julia,
ich hatte schon große Sehnsucht nach dir - wenn jetzt kein Posting da gewesen wäre, hättest du mal wieder eine besorgte Mail von mir gekriegt ;o) Zum Glück scheint alles mit dir und den Tierchen in Ordnung zu sein - aber dass dir die Stromausfälle schwer zu schaffen machen, kann ich gut verstehen. Manchmal frage ich mich, wie lange ihr wohl bleiben werdet... gibt es da Pläne? Schön, dass dir immerhin die Tage mit so schönen Geschenken versüßt werden - und dass auch du zu Julia-mäßigen Zauberkreationen kommst. ie Kombination aus Spitze und Rost gefällt mir als rostigem Röslein natürlich ganz besonders gut!
Fühl dich feste gedrückt, du Liebe - und bitte kraul den Cecil für mich zwischen den Öhrchen und streichel auch die anderen Tierchen (ich habe leider ein bisschen den Überblick verloren, welche und viele es jetzt sind...) ganz zärtlich von mir! Es grüßt dich ♥ herzlich ♥
♥ die rostrosige Traude ♥

Sandi said...

These items are just beautiful!! I feel so bad for your power outages. That has to be very frustrating. :(
Hope it gets better soon.
Hugs~

Mom E. said...

Julia!!!!
So happy to see your post! I have been a little worried, I am glad that you are well and it was an electricity problem, as bad as that was, and not a severe health situation, or something similar to that, for you!

your beauties are gorgeous indeed! and gifts from loving friends are alwaqys beautiful things!
Happy to see you again!
Betsy

Martina2801 said...

Ach Julia, das mit dem permanenten Stromausfall ist ja wirklich sehr ärgerlich! Das tut mir wirklich leid! Kann man denn da gar nichts dagegen tun?
Deine Geschenke und Swaps sind wunderschön!
Ich wünsche Dir ein schönes WE. LG MARTINA oxo

Carole said...

Oh Julia every time I see the lovelies you swap my heart skips a beat. I know the utility frustration must be getting very old. I know how even losing it for a short time I go crazy.
x
Carole

suziqu's thread works said...

Hello Sweet Julia
I have missed you blogging my dear friend. I can't imagine how frustrating the power outage problems are for you. You have to always be ready for the next important thing to do when it returns. Oh Oh Oh! You will come through this and look at all the wonderful beauty you have created with lace and rust - I love all of it as well as the beautiful gifts created by Marsha.
Dorthe's and Martina's gifts to you are so very sweet too.
Hope you and your darling pets are otherwise going OK.
Sending you much love and many warm hugs sweet friend,
suzy

MondayNightFashion said...

ooooh such wonderful photos!! Makes me want to hit the flea markets and get cute things for my new appartment

Barbara Jean said...

oh so much sweetness.
I love that sewing collage. my fave...

blessings
barb

Nook and Cranny said...

I hope your power issues don't last much longer. I have been in a few swaps with Marsha, she is a wonderful, generous swapper. All of your gifts are beautiful.
Thanks for sharing.
Michele

Charlene said...

Too bad about the power but, you did get some beautiful treasures. Thanks for sharing.
Charlene