March 25, 2011

Some Gifts and a Little Teaser

 Today I would like to show you the three other wonderful prizes I had won during the OWOH event. The first one is this gorgeous birdhouse, created by Kathy McElroy.

birdhouse1

created by Kathy

Kathy has used the coolest things to embellish the birdhouse, like a zipper, typewriter keys, pen nibs and fuses. Each side has such exciting details.

 detail1

created by Kathy 

detail4

created by Kathy

detail3

created by Kathy

detail2

created by Kathy  

Kathy is such a talented mixed media artist and does not only create fantastic birdhouses but also very beautiful fabric collages and lots of other awesome things. Her blog My Life in Pictures is always worth a visit.

Kathy, I just love the birdhouse. Thank you so much again!

♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥

Another wonderful gift is a lovely creation from Brianne. Her blog is called Under the Florida Maples. Brianne gets a lot inspired by nature and therefore it is no surprise that she has created a series of nature keepers. The name of this sweet doll is Aviella and she is the one to watch over the birds.

Aviella

created by Brianne

Aviella detail

created by Brianne

Aviella’s sisters and other beautiful creations are available in Brianne’s Etsy-shop.

I’m very happy to have your sweet nature keeper around, Brianne! Thank you for letting her live with us!

♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ – ♥

Among other things, Laura Carson creates the most amazing ATCs and I was the  lucky winner of one of them. This is the beautiful ATC I had received. It has lots of 3-dimensional details which are hard to capture in a picture.

ATC1

created by Laura 

ATC2

created by Laura

If you don’t know Laura’s blog Artfully Musing yet, you should hop over for a visit. She does not only share her and other artist’s creations but also great tutorials and free images.

Thank you, Laura! I’m very happy to own one of your beautiful ATCs.

♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ – ♥

In my last post I showed you the pretty heart I had won from Anni over at Fabric Art, but I totally forgot to add the picture  of the beautiful card she had included. I certainly would like to make up for this lapse. Just today I moved the lovely fabric card from my studio into the bathroom, after we had done some redecorations over the last couple of days. Now it gets displayed on a shelf there.

card

created by Anni

♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ – ♥

I have been working on a swap with my dear friend Dorthe lately and now it’s time to tease her a little bit ;-).

Are you ready, sweetie? Here is a glimpse of what you will find in my spring themed package:

Collage

For now I can’t show more but after Dorthe has received the parcel, I will certainly reveal everything :-).

Have a wonderful weekend, dear friends!

HUGS,

Julia

31 comments:

Ceekay- Thinkin of Home said...

I adore that birdhouse. I love birdhouses anyways...but that one is particularly charming. Lucky you!!

kathy mc said...

Thank you for such a sweet post. So glad you like your birdhouse.
You are so lucky to have won the other 2. They are both awesome.

Carolyn Phillips said...

That birdhouse is gorgeous. I didn't come across her blog during owoh, but I've just gone and had a look and love the things she makes.

Sassy Marsha said...

WOW, what beautiful things you won. That birdhouse is so unique and absolutely fabUlous!!!!

What a beautiful teaser . . I know Dorthe will LOVE what you have sent her!

xxoo

Martina2801 said...

Du bist ja ein richtiger Glückspilz, Julia! Ganz wunderschöne Dinge hast Du da bekommen. Ich freue mich mit Dir!

Wünsche Dir ein schönes Wochenende.
LG
MARTINA xoxo

Tina @ TinyBear said...

That´s some wonderful gifts sweet Julia. Love the birdhouse. I really like all the details on it.
Wishing you a wonderful weekend Sweet friend
XOXO Tina

Robin said...

You won some really great things Julia! Kathy makes the coolest birdhouses. I'm sure your swap with Dorthe will be absolutely wonderful. Have a great weekend.

Hugs,
Robin

Draffin Bears said...

Dear Julia,

What amazing gifts you received ~ I love the sweet birdhouse with all the detail on it.
the doll is sweet, as are the cards.
Dorthe is going to be so happy with her beautiful gift and I love all the
touches of colour, with the cream lace and pearls.

Happy weekend, dear friend
Hugs
Carolyn

The Feathered Nest said...

Hi sweet Julia!!! Oh my goodness, so many gorgeous treasures you've received!!! I love them all ~ and I can SO tell that Dorthe is going to LOVE whatever it is that you've created for her ~ I hope you are well and doing wonderful sweet friend, hugs and love, Dawn

alveen said...

Congratulations on winning those lovely gifts! They are all wonderful. I really like Aviella and the thought that went into her creation. Who doesn't love bird houses, especially unique ones like Cathy creates. And that ATC is gorgeous. Lucky girl!
Love the teaser for Dorthe, bet she will be watching eagerly for the post man to arrive.
Thank you for stopping by and entering my giveaway - good luck!

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Hi dear Julia,
so many beautiful gifts you won - congratulations!Love the birdhouse.
The teaser for Dorthe looks just beautiful and she will be so thrilled to receive her package.
Enjoy your treasures and have a wonderful weekend.
Big hugs my friend,
Marie

The English Romantic said...

Such lovely gifts Julia, I too love the bird house and the face on that amazing doll.
Your swap looks so tantalising!

Dorthe said...

Hallo liebste Julia,
Uhh du hasst doch glück gehabt,
deine kleine hauss, ist so wunderschön- Kathy ist eine sehr schöner artist- und die beiden andere ,sind fantastisch ,auch.
UND uhh, jetzt kann ich kaum warten... dass sieht ja, wie eine skatt kiste auss- süsse- ich hoffe dass es nicht lange daueren will ,tihi-
Meiner ist kanpp vertich gepacht, so nächster woche geht es auch im post rauss.
Wünsche dir eine sonnige wochenende
meine sehr liebe freund-und hoffe dass du gut machts :)

Viele,viele liebe kys,kys,kys
und mange kærlige knus, von mir.
Deine Dorthe

stampdiva said...

Julia,
What a stunning array of gifts and such a variety.
You are naughty teasing us with the images of your swap. I cannot wait to see what you have sent to Dorthe. The colours are so inspiring, as is your Blog.
Have a lovely weekend.
Wishes
Lynne

Fabric Art said...

Dear Julia, some amazing things you've won in OWOH, you are one lucky lady, thanks for your sweet words abour my card and my fabric heart dear friend.
Big hug Anni

A Vintage Chic said...

Such beautiful gifts from your dear friends, Julia...so much amazing talent out there in the world!

Wishing you the most wonderful weekend, my friend!

Julie

Diane said...

Julia, you have won some absolutely beautifully artful creations! True art by these talented ladies!
Thank you for sharing their blogs with us!
Hugs,
Diane

Guriana said...

Julia, so many treasures !!
you are lucky girl:))
xox
Guriana:)

Marge said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marge said...

Sorry, it was me...

Julia, what a wonderful gifts you have got!! I`m waiting for the result!!
I`m sure it will be just beautiful, glimpse of spring package is sooo lovely!! I allways adore all your works!!

Have a nice week, my friend!♥

June said...

Oh wow!Julia, you have won some gorgeous artwork! Packages piling up at your doorway. That's what I consider blessed, don't you? To be keepers of these amazing creations by such talented artists. Handmade artwork is so much more than a win or a gift...it is truly a gift of someone's heart. I am so thrilled that these pieces will be living with such a lovely soul as you!

And now sweet Dorthe will be thus blessed!
sending hugs from here...

Viola said...

Da hat das liebe Julchen aber wieder tolle Werke gewonnen!! Beneidenswert!!:o) Und Dorthe wird bestimmt auch ganz begeistert sein, die Glückliche! Schönen Abend, Julchen, hihi!

Anneke said...

these are beautiful creations you got.
especialy the birdhouse is unique and wonderful.

Carole said...

Julia I'm so late at stopping by but what a treat to see all that you've won. I remember you mentioning you had but I didn't realize how many you lucky girl. They are just wonderful but really loving that birdhouse. You know me with birdy things.
I'll have to check out her blog.
I hope you love all your creations as much as I love the ones you made me. Makes me smile everytime I see them.

Hugs,
Carole

buyaionaccount said...

That prize is really worth keeping. I could see meticulous and planned arrangements in every detail. Your a bunch of talented and art loving ladies, I super adore your works.

MosaicMagpie said...

I have just seen the lovely things you sent to Dorthe. Beautiful and the starwberries stole my heart!
Deb

Debrina said...

Hello Julia! I finally found you again, through Dorthe. I changed my blogger address a couple of months ago to:http://debrinaaltered.blogspot.com/
So you will need to change your side panel link, Julia. :-)
Anyway, when I changed my blogger addy all my blog friends' links dissapeared! So I am slowly finding you all again and adding you back to my side panel.

Well, I just want to say that I LOVE what you made for Dorthe. Every gift was a miracle to behold! How beautiful and how wonderfully talented you both are! You've even inspired me to make my own bookmark with its own envelope :-)

Gaby Bee said...

You are one lucky gal...you won some gorgeous pieces. Kathy's birdhouse is divine! Enjoy!

Happy Spring!
Gaby xo

Karen said...

Hi Miss Julia!
Now that is one creative birdhouse! A zipper! Who would've thought? It's perfect! And pen bibs! Each piece just added more and more magic to it. How lucky for you!
So what else have you been up to? I can only imagine you sitting in your wonderful little creative space just happily creating your heart out. YAY! I still think your work is some of the most special I've ever seen. Still love all my wonderful things - and my sister keeps threatening to swipe my "Mom" book. :) Love it.
Hope all is well on your seaside!!
Hugs. Karen

Karen's Mind Thoughts said...

Julia, So many lovely lace pieces!

Karen Trettel said...

Just beautiful, I was mesmerized.