October 26, 2010

Roses, Birds, Eiffel Towers and More …

When my dear blogging friend CAROLA of Boxwood Cottage told me that she would like to receive garden themed items in our swap, I had lots of ideas immediately.

 tag

I sewed a shopping tote for her, using a seed package image that dear DAWN had provided a while ago.

tote

Carola had mentioned that she could use a box to get all her seed packages sorted. So I took a cardboard box, painted it, added a vintage image of one of Carola’s favorite flowers - sweet peas and of course a little bit of lace.  You know that I love using laces for my creations and so some went onto the tag and the greeting card as well :-).

seed box

I found this cute bird in a garden shop and made a little nest from old book pages and put it onto a lovely vintage pressed glass plate.

bird1

There is never only one bird in a garden, so I stamped a companion for the one above on a piece of a linen doily and sewed this heart.

heart, roses and laces 

This is the front of the heart. I added a chain, so that Carola can hang it in her living room window or somewhere else.

lace heart

I also sent Carola some laces, tags and coffee filter roses. The roses are made from filters my dear friends JODIE, KAREN and MARIE had provided me with. Our German coffee filters are manufactured from a thicker paper, are differently shaped and therefore are not so comfortable to craft with.

laces

Other things I had added to the package but had forgotten to take pictures of, were a vintage garden tool, a silver plated bowl and a silhouette postcard for Carola’s silhouette collection. When you hop over to her beautiful BLOG, you will see pictures of those items as well on her post about our wonderful swap.

Now you probably would like to know what sweet CAROLA had sent me and I won’t keep you in suspense. I had chosen the “French” theme one more time and Carola did a fabulous job creating French themed gifts for me, like this gorgeous soldered Eiffel Tower ornament. Please take a look at the so lovely wrapped package too!

Eiffel Tower Charm

Carola had not only created this beautiful paper weight and those large, pretty charms, but also found a lot of awesome things at the flea market for me. Isn’t the vintage soap box just beautiful? The wonderful metal findings and the doll leg are perfect for my stash of treasures.

soap box, paper weight

Carola had also sent me these two pretty soldered charms and an enameled numbered tag. I love everything that has numbers on it except for invoices, lol.

merci charm

I used the tag to make a necklace for my mannequin.  As you can see here, she also wears Carola’s “Merci” charm as well as an Eiffel Tower charm my dear friend MARIE had surprised me with a while ago.

dress form necklaces

 Carola also spoiled me with two beautiful bread boards and my favorite sewing notions: Wooden spools and a darning mushroom. Then there was this awesome antique window handle. I have never seen such a lovely one before. Right now it is displayed in the living room but I would like to use it for an assemblage one day.

spools and bread boards

window handle

We both love to decorate for Christmas and this gave Carola the idea to send me some pretty silver ornaments. They will be a great addition to the decoration for my favorite holiday.

Christmas ornaments

Carola’s packaging was so gorgeous that I rewrapped everything and now display the packages on various places.

Thank you, dear CAROLA for spoiling me so much!

♥ – ♥ – ♥ – ♥ – ♥ – ♥ – ♥ – ♥ – ♥ – ♥ – ♥ – ♥

When ANNEKE over at lasizes art place had asked me if I would like to do a swap with her, I agreed without hesitation. Anneke loves laces as much as I do and creates lovely fabric wall hangings and all kinds of other wonderful items. We decided to swap a fabric bag und fill it up with our favorite kind of embellishment.

This is my bag for Ann and besides a lot of laces I also added some mother of pearl buttons, glass buttons and crocheted flowers for her to create with.

bag for Ann

Here is the beautiful bag, Ann made for me and the lovely laces she had sent.

bag from Ann

Thank you, dear ANN!

All 6 swaps I had participated in so far this year were just wonderful. I so enjoy having all the fantastic swap gifts displayed in our home. Looking at them always puts a big smile on my face and reminds me of the sweet friends who had created or bought them for me. Now I’m looking forward to the next two upcoming swaps :-). I know they will be as much fun.

HUGS,

Julia

36 comments:

Barbara Jean said...

Oh such sweetness to start my day with.

wonderful!

blessings on your day

barbara jean

Sassy Marsha said...

Beyond beautiful, Julia, what you received and what you sent!

You would LOVE Victorian Closets!

Did I ever tell you that my mother's name was Julia.

Have a wonderful day!

xxoo

A Vintage Chic said...

What beautiful swaps, Julia! Everything you created...so charming and lovely...and all you received was just so perfect for you! What thoughtful swap partners!

Hope your day is wonderful...

Julie

Tina @ TinyBear said...

OMG Julia - you really are up for some awesome and amazing swaps. Everything is so beautiful. I love the stuff you made for Carola and everything she send you is awesome too. Love the creations from Ann too.
Wishing you a wonderful evening sweet friend.
xoxo Tina

Xela said...

Ach herrje, hast du tolle Sachen gezaubert und bekommen. Ich werd direkt neidisch. Ich kann gar nicht sagen was mir da am besten gefällt. Einfach ALLES.
Schönen Abend Julia
liebe Grüße Alexandra

Dorthe said...

Hallo liebe!
Julia, you created the most beautifull things for Carola, I love both bag,-and box, and your roses are soooo wonderfull-
and I can see you was gifted with many old pretty things from her-love the box.
The bag you made for Anne is so gorgeus, and sweet,so many beautifull laces you used, dear-- and her`s to you are so very sweet ,too.
Julia, I can see how wonderfull swapping is--and I would love to swap with you sometimes after newyear....?
Hope you have a lovely evening,sweetie,-.
Lots of lots of liebe umarmen, und viele, hertzlische kys og knus.
Din,Dorthe

T's Daily Treasures said...

Oh my! Every single gift is a treasure. You are all so very talented and everything is just beautiful. Best wishes, Tammy

The English Romantic said...

Hi Julia,
You've certainly been kept busy with all your swaps. Everything is absulutely gorgeous. I'm going to go back and have a really good look at all those treasures.
Have a great week.
Hugs, Angela.

Viola said...

Oh Julia, was für tolle Sachen! Ihr habt Euch alle so viel Mühe gegeben! Einfach traumhaft! Bin grad voll erblaßt, hihi.....kann jetzt garnicht schlafen!! :o))) Wünsche Dir eine gute Nacht, schlaf schön und liebe Grüße!

Carole said...

Julia I've been holding my breath waiting for your post on your swap since I saw it on Carola's blog.
Just incredible and even more yumminess then I remembered. I love that each of you knows what the other would desire. You all put so much of yourselves into what you create.
I love anything too with numbers but keep those bills away from me!!! uggh!


xxx
Carole

June said...

You girls are so talented. The items in these swaps are sooo beautiful. Julia, you create such lovely treasures, and I believe your style is my favorite of many of the things I see created here in blogland. You have the same love of vintage laces and trimmings, but it is what you think to make of them the impresses me so. Just so beautiful!!!
hugs to you...

peggy aplSEEDS said...

so many lovely things to enjoy looking at!

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

Oh oh oh miss Julia....and you thought that I was spoiled???? GIRL!!!!!
This post was SO full of beautiful creations, I don't know where to start!!!!
Let's just put it in the record that all of you girls are SO talented and create the most gorgeous things!
Julia...you are amazing girl and you "play" with amazing friends also!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:))))

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Julia,

My oh my! what a lot of gorgeous swaps you and your friends have done.
Everything is exquisite, dear friend and many thanks for showing us all your beautiful treasures.

Hope all is well with you and that you are having a lovely week
Hugs
Carolyn

Sue said...

So much eye candy! Lovely swaps with gorgeous items - lots of inspiration there.

Hugs

The French Bear said...

Wow, and can I just wow again, you girls amaze me......what beautiful things you all swapped!!! That lace is so beautiful! There must have been a lot of happy dances going on!!!
Hugs,
Margaret B

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Dear Julia,
WOW, so many pretties!!All the items are just exquisite.
Love them all.You are all so very talented.Thanks for sharing all the eye candy with us.I have to go
back and look again.
Have a wonderful day my friend.
Big hugs to you.
Marie

Les Cotrions said...

Waw Julia! How many wonderful and charming things all together!!! Your creations are so beautiful and sophisticated and also the gifts you received are very pretty!
Enjoy a nice week end!
Big hugs
Vale

Diane said...

Oh my goodness! I don't know what to say! So many beautiful and exquisite creations passed between you and your friends! Soooo gorgeous!
Hugs,
Diane

Boxwood Cottage said...

It was a great pleasure to swap with you dear Julia and we should do it again some time! You took beautiful pictures of everything, thank you for sharing them! I loved every single item that I got from you! :)
Sending you a big hug!
xoxo~ Carola

minnamarika said...

Amazing artwork Julia again!!! Just love them all. It´s wonderful to have such artistfriends!!!
Also thank you for your lovely comment on my blog!!

Have a nice weekend!!

Nancy Maxwell James said...

Julia
I just love coming to your blog and looking at your treasures! I think the shopping tote is the sweetest thing ever! :) Although each treasure tugs at my heartstrings!

WW said...

What gorgeous pieces. I love to see how people use lace in their work.

Alabaster Rose Designs said...

Hi Julia,
Oh my goodness, what gorgeous things you gave and received!! Where can I sign up for one of these swaps? :) You have such a lovely blog and thanks so much for your sweet comment on my blog, it is such a pleasure to meet you!
I am now one of your followers!
Have a great day.
sincerely,
Melinda

Kelly_Deal said...

Oh my! EVERYTHING is beautiful!

Karen said...

Oh my goodness - so much to look at! And everything is fabulous. You do get the best swaps my Friend.
It's so funny - eery morning when I make the coffee, I think of you when I place the coffee filter in. :)
Love all of this. HOpe all is well - I have been a terrible blogger lately . . . just so busy - no time to sit.
Have a great day! Hugs!
karen

Martina2801 said...

Meine Güte Julia!!! Was sind das für grandiose Dinge......ich sitze hier mit offenem Mund......ganz fantastische Sachen hast Du da gezaubert! Großes Kompliment!

LiLi M. said...

Isn't this ultimate fun? All the girls are happy; the makers, the receivers and the readers of your blog! Well well well, where to start? I love all the vintage items as well as what you made in vintage style, eye candy at its best! Have a nice week, I presume you don't celebrate Halloween? We don't either, but if you do so: Happy Halloween!

stampdiva said...

Oh, everything is so divine. You have such attention to detail and the stitched bird as a companion for the purchased little birdie is such an adorable gift. Then I scroll down to see the goodies you received in the mail. I have a passion for all things Parisian myself so you can imagine that I am drooling at the bounty you received. Have a great week. Lynne x (love your photographs)

Fabric Art said...

Julia I love visiting your blog and looking at all your treasures from swaps you participate in - all wonderful things. Hope that you'll have a nice.
Hugs Anni

"CREATIVE CARMELINA" said...

it is amazing...
this post is full of gorgeous!
it drips gorgeous....

i love it
i love it


i'm drooling!
every photo...drool

every creation....drool

I am so completely and utterly inspired to sew today because of you and it's not even Thimble Thursday!

thank you!

ciao bella

creative carmelina

Anneke said...

it is lovely to see our vintage bags here on the photo,s julia.
your fabric art is exclusif and i am still very happy with your bag, lace and beautiful bottoms

shirley said...

I just loved reading your beautiful blog and all the wonderful photos. I am a new fan now.

Candylei said...

So amazing to see all of your beautiful and delicate laces. I am so happy Cecil is keeping you company and that you've opened your heart and home to him. I just signed up to follow your blog so I can find you again!

Candylei

Dianne said...

All the work featured on your blog is absolutely exquisite! I found you through Marie at Lost Bird Studio. Glad I did!

Sandra said...

oh my god !!


this stuff is amazing !!!! :X