August 08, 2010

A Cute Little Mermaid and Some Lovely Gifts

A lot of you know my sweet and talented friend DORTHE over at Den Lille Lade. She makes beautiful fairies, angels, collages and much more. Dorthe has opened up her

Etsy shop

some days ago.

I was very happy to be her first customer and bought this cute little mermaid from her.

mermaid2

DORTHE surprised me by adding some lovely things for me to create with. Laces, doilies, a silk scarf with my initial, a bunch of white stamens, cardboard tags, a cabinet photo and a journal that can be altered. Isn’t she such a sweetie?

silk scarf and stamens

card and tags 

This package hadn’t been the only one I had received from Dorthe lately. For my birthday in July she had sent me the most gorgeous fairy, lovely dressed in lacy clothes

doll

doll face2

along with some beautiful laces, an old book,

laces 

a very pretty pincushion

pincushion

and this lovely card. In addition there was a wonderful crystal ornament but I couldn’t get a good picture taken of that one.

card

Another sweet birthday package came from my dear friend JODIE of everything vintage. She had found this awesome, beautifully rusted lunchbox at a flea market, added some lovely embellishments

lunchbox

lunchbox detail1 

lunchbox detail

and filled it up for me with yummy laces galore

laces

and a beautiful vintage powder jar that holds lots of pretty beads and charms.

powder jar

powder jar detail

My dear friend KATRIN (still without a blog) brought me  this lovely altered box, decorated with the image of an Eurasian linnet which is a bird in the finch family.

box

When I opened it I found a pretty and never used bird’s nest. The Eurasian linnets had never moved in because they had started to build their nest right above a place where Katrin’s cats love to take a nap. The building activities didn’t remain concealed and the birds finally realized that this wouldn’t be the best place to lay eggs and searched for a hedge that would be more suitable .

nest

Another fabulous bird themed gift had a much longer way and came from sweet LISA of tarnished and tattered. Her gorgeous pillow is beautifully embellished with bird images/drawings and laces and has a suitcase pocket that contains a bird’s nest. How cool is that?

pillow

pillow detail

I’m keeping up the alphabetical order and so I’ve reached now M for MARIE over at Lost Bird Studio. With her swap package sweet Marie had included a little birthday package for me. It contained a lovely notebook with an Eiffel Tower image and a beautiful lavender pillow with French script, carrying on the theme of our swap. Don’t such French things always look so romantic?

notebook and lavender pillow

My dear friend SILKE at patchsprotte had sent me a pretty rusted heart to hang onto the wall. It’s a candle holder for a tea candle.  She also gave me a piece of a sweet vintage style fabric and some German scraps.

heart

Her package contained as well these lovely postcards, cute tiny clothes pins,  beautiful lace

postcards

and this sweet embroidered pillow.

pillow

I had so much fun unwrapping all those beautiful gifts and I swooned over everything. My sweet friends just know what I love.

 THANK YOU VERY MUCH,

dear friends! You spoiled me a lot :-)!

♥ – ♥ – ♥ – ♥ – ♥ – ♥ – ♥ – ♥ – ♥ –

Over here it had rained all morning, so no flea market for me today. The good thing is that the temperatures are pleasant and the heat is gone. That makes it easier to play in the studio. I work on some things right now and should be able to show you some creations soon.

I wish all of you a wonderful Sunday and a great week!

Hugs to you,

JULIA

39 comments:

Beth Leintz said...

You've had some serious pretty come out of your mail box- I love it all, and you can tell your friends really "get" you- because it all looks so good together.

Marsha (Sassy Mini Dolls) said...

OMG what absolute loveliness but that vintage lunch pail WOW!!!!

Happy belated birthday!!!

xxoo

My Sweet Rose. said...

Hi Julia,
All your friends have kept your postman very busy. What a lucky girl to have such wonderful friends.
I love everything and hope you really enjoy those special things.
The heat is less here in the UK, still warm but gloomy. Good for creatingas I'm not tempted into the sunshine.
Best wishes,
Angela.

Dorthe said...

Sweetest Julia,
Just have to tell you ,that I love all the fantastic gifts you recieved from Jodi-Lisa-Marie-Katrin-and Silke.All of them special, and very beautifully created.
Thanks for the beautifull posting of my gifts,-and the mermaid, dearest friend, made me very happy.
Sending you love and big kiss.
Viele liebe grüsse, -knus og mange kys.
Dorthe

A Vintage Chic said...

What fabulous gifts, Julia! What a generous and talented bunch of women!

Glad your weather has cooled--hope you enjoy a beautiful Sunday!

Julie

Amy said...

I would rush to the mailbox everyday to see if a wonderful package was sent to me if they all looked like this. What wonderful friends and connections you have out there to send you such beautiful prizes for your b-day.
Thank you for always sharing such wonderful pieces to inspire me.
AMy

TinyBear said...

Oh Julia - what an amazing lot of beautiful goodies. I love that old rusty lunch box from Jodie and Lisa´s pillow is stunning.
Wishing you a wonderful evening.
hugs, Tina

Carole~Maynard Greenhouse said...

Ok are you trying to give me a heart attack:) I'm hyperventilating
here....it's just toooo gorgeous Julie. You have been spoiled but you soooo deserve it sweetie.
Your photos make my want to throw myself head first into my computer screen....we all need feelavision or something.
I'm going back to swoon some more!

Enjoying some cooler weather here too...thank goodness!
Have fun playing in your studio with your new goodies!
xx
Carole

Rhonda said...

Julia, you are loved and it is evident in your mailbox :)

I love it all...Happy Belated Birthday!

Nancy Maxwell James said...

Julia
each one of these is a precious treasure! I love what you received and happy belated birthday!

Brenda@Cozy Little House said...

What truly talented friends you have! I so enjoyed gazing at all your pretties from them.
Brenda

Xela said...

bohrrr hast du schöne Geschenke bekommen da wird man ja voll neidisch. Super schöne Sachen Julia, ich kann gut verstehen dass du dich da gefreut hast. l.G. Alexandra

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Good morning Julia,
always a pleasure to come visit you.WOW, love the mermaid you bought from Dorthe and all your
Birthday gifts are awesome.
Sorry you couldn't go treasure hunting.Have a wonderful week my friend and big hugs to you.
Marie

Draffin Bears said...

Dear Julia,

Happy Belated birthday, sweet friend.
So glad you got some really beautiful gifts from friends.
Everything is so gorgeous and made with love.
Glad that the temperatures are more pleasant and I hope that you have a lovely week and have fun in your studio ~ look forward to seeing your lovely creations.

Happy week
Hugs
Carolyn

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

oh Julia,

WE
JUST
LOVE
YOU
TO
PIECES!!!!

(that's why we spoil you!!! :)

Girl, you really have some gorgeous things there...these girls are just so talented in creating the beautiful things they do.

But, let's not forget the most talented girl here...and that would be YOU!!!!! You spoil us so much Julia, not only by your lovely creations but also by your sweet words and emails to us :)

Enjoy your goodies and I can't wait to see what you are working on...I'm sure it will blow my mind!!!!!
:)

Tarnished and Tattered said...

Julia,
My goodness my sweet friend, you were spoiled big time for your birthday. But you know what? You deserve every single bit of it. I'm so glad you had a wonderful day/month! And I agree with Beth, I don't see one purple thing in the bunch! Lisa

The Feathered Nest said...

You've been blessed with so much gorgeous goodness Julia!!!! And each and every gift suits you so very well ~ I'm sure you smile each time your eyes fall on one of these treasures. I hope you are doing wonderful sweet friend, hugs and love, Dawn

T's Daily Treasures said...

Wow oh wow! Gorgeous, fabulous, wonderful gifts. You are truly blessed. Enjoy each and every trinket, bit and bob, odd and end. Great stuff from great friends. The best! Happy belated. :) Tammy

June said...

Julia you have the loveliest friends. I can see how much they adore you in the gifts they have sent you. Each one a treasure from their hearts.
You are blessed, and it couldn't happen to a sweeter person.
hugs

Tallulah's Antique Closet said...

Hi Julia, Happy belated Birthday! You recived so many treasures from so many dear friends and each one is different from the next. Thank You for sharing them and Thank You for stopping by for a visit. Have a great Friday.....Julian

vintage wil said...

Happy birthday! what a gorgeous gifts!!!!
thank you for sharing!!!!

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

Lovely gifts from lovely women!

Rostrose said...

Mensch Julia, das haut mich wiedermal um! Diese Püppis sind ja sowas von putzig! Und dann diese Lunchbox! Und der Vogelbehälter inklusive Nest! ich bin immer wieder platt über so viel Hübsches, Nettes, Skurriles, Schönes! Und jetzt wirst du von mir auch noch mit ziemlicher Verspätung zum Geburtstag geknuddelt (gehe ich recht in der Annahme, dass ich das im Juli nicht getan habe? Falls doch, knuddel ich dich einfach noch einmal!!! Und der Cecil kriegt ebenfalls ein paar liebe Knuddler ab, jawoll!)
Ich wünsch euch ein wunderbares Wochenende! Ganz liebe Grüße und auf bald, trau.mau

Birgit said...

Mein Gott Julia! Du hattest Geburtstag. Natürlich wünsche ich Dir noch alles erdenklich Liebe und Gute nachdenklich.
Ich drück mir hier gerade mal wieder die Nase am Läppi platt. Die schöne Mermaid habe ich schon bei Dorthe bewundert. Ein ganz wundervolles Werk unter vielen anderen von Dorthe. Und die vielen Extras sind ja wohl einfach liebevoll zusammen gestellt.
Auch alle anderen wunderschönen Sachen entsprechen wieder mal total meinem Geschmack. Ich wünsche Dir ganz viel Freude an den tollen Dingen. Schönen Sonntag und viele liebe Grüße,
Birgit

BellaRosa said...

Julia amor, I am so sorry I missed your birthday :( I hope that it is was absolutely beautiful & spent with family & wonderful friends and that there was much laughter and yummy foods involved :) You got received such beautiful gifts from some of the most talented & creative woman that I know...not to mention with hearts bigger than Texas ;) I have so missed you my sweet friend, thank you so much for not forgetting about me and thinking such lovely thoughts for me! I will be back soon to catch up on more of your beautiful posts and treasures I caught a quick glimpse of :) Have a beautiful weekend amor! & again...Happy Belated Birthday!! Much love, hugs & besos, Rose

Yitte said...

You received some beautiful gifts Julia. Hope you had a nice day.
I had so much fun on your blog to see all those pictures of your gfts
XoXo
Yvonne

Viola said...

Ja, ja, ich bin , wie immer, zu spät! Herzlichen Glückwunsch nachträglich, liebe Julia! Soooo tolle Sachen hast Du wieder bekommen, einfach traumhaft! Ganz liebe Grüße! :-)

Fabric Art said...

Hi dear Julia, what a great post all these wonderful things you show, Dorthe's dolls are so beautiful she is a fantastic artist, a very belated congratulations on your birthday dear, you are lucky to have received so many wonderful gifts from great artists, have a nice week, and thanks for your sweet comments on my works.
Hugs Anni

Pam Kellogg said...

Julia, you always have such lovely things to share here on your blog! I will be visiting your friends Etsy shop. I love Etsy!!! Everything here is wonderful but I do love that little mermaid!

Karen said...

JULIA!
How - oh HOW did I Miss this post?
Geez luez! It really has been a bad week so far!
I am so sorry! AND I MISSED YOUR BIRTHDAY!
double ugh!
Well I do hope you had a wonderful day, and by the looks of all the wonderful goodies you received, you had lots of presents to open. YAY!
Big hugs - well, not big - don't get too close, I'm sick. Ugh!
LONG DISTANCE HUGS! :)
Karen

Lovey said...

Wow! Such beautiful gifts of love!

Anneke said...

what a beautiful gifts of love julia.
and dorthe is indead very talented.
you have bought such a precious fairy and it will be like a little treasure in your house,
have a nice weekend and hugs from ann

Celestial Charms said...

Julia, such beautiful things. I can't wait to show my 9 year old daughter the gorgeous fairy, dressed in lacy clothes that was a gift to you from Dorthe. What a beautiful creation. My daughter loves dolls that have dark curly hair, just like her!
Maureen

LiLi M. said...

Oh Julia I have missed quite a few posts over here. And what posts! I could spend hours here reading and enjoying the eye candy and being a bit ashamed because I missed your birthday during my holidays :-(
Luckily others where more thoughtful. Happy belated birthday.
Hope that you have a swell week, hugs LiLi

Diane said...

Nice things like this happen to nice people! All of these beautiful gifts tell a story not only about the generosity of the givers, but of friendship and YOU too, Julia! What a beautiful testimony to you.
Hugs,
Diane

Susan said...

Lovely post. i love the birds and also the pincushion. Susan

Minxy said...

I'm not really a vintage girly but i do love pretty things & old lace so your blog really appeals to me, its so full of delightful pictures i'm going quite green with envy lol
I especially love the gift you received from Jodie, that was awesome.
Have a great day

Diane said...

Where oh where has Julia been lately? ;-)
Hugs! Diane

Barbara Jean said...

I'm ooohin' and awein' over every post! So much beauty!!

thanks for all the yummy pics.
blessings

barbara jean