September 23, 2009

Weekend Treasures

The weather had been very pleasant on Sunday and so we had a wonderful time at the fleamarket. I found a crown which had been a belt buckle once, a lovely cup, that nicely shaped spoon and a silver wedding headdress with matching pin.

The vintage Christmas ornaments also had to come home with me, as well as the shoe tree and the alarm clock. Normally I would take the clock apart to use the body as a frame or for an assemblage and the parts as embellishments, but this one will stay "alive" because of its wonderful turquoise shabby color and the lovely clock face.



DH found this beautiful coat rack. It is totally rusted and needs some steel brush treatment before I can start painting it. Instead of replacing the mirror that had been in the oval once, I think I will create something onto a piece of wood that will add to the romantic look of the piece.






7 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Hi Julia! I found your blog through Dawn at The Feathered Nest. Great finds ~ love the crown and coat rack!

tarnishedandtattered.blogsot.com said...

Julia,
Welcome to blogland! Your banner is beautiful & I love the posts you've done. I want that iron shelf....awesome! I found you via our sweet Dawn. I'll be back. Lisa

Sally L. Smith said...

So glad you've joined us bloggers. I love seeing what people find a sales. Your turquoise clock looks great in that arrangement of cream pumpkins and goodies. I've put you on my "list" :o)
Sally

Rose Garden Romantic said...

Great finds! I love the clock and the crown!!
Michelle

The Rustic Victorian said...

I think you did very well at the flea market. Are you an American living in Germany? Or
German with very good English? I would love to see photos of your countryside, I always wanted to visit Germany.
Marcie

BellaRosa said...

Julia wonderful finds, can't wait to see what you create for the coat rack :) Rose

Annett said...

Liebe Julia,
da hast Du einen tollen Blog gezaubert,juchu, endlich kann man Deine Sachen auch im Netz bewundern. Und ich bin schon gespannt, was Du mit den interessanten "Fundsachen" gestaltest.

liebe Grüße Annett